A fun lesson, with a serious mission, for babies and toddlers ages 6 months - 2 years. With songs and games, our professional baby instructors will work with you and your baby on basic swimming and water safety skills through our curriculum. For babies/toddlers ages 6 months to 2 years with their parent or other caregiver in the water.
With their parent at their side, babies will learn the basics of swimming including: breath control and gentle submersion, floating independently on the front and the back and unassisted swimming for short distances on the front and the back.
Great Reasons to Teach Babies to Swim:
- Even young babies adapt to the water very naturally. Water provides wonderful support and buoyancy for babies who can't yet sit or stand. Babies can learn to swim long before they can walk or even sit up!
- While young babies cannot move around well on land, the weightless environment of the water is a great place for babies to exercise their young muscles! Swimming also improves cardiovascular fitness, a great lifelong benefit.
- As our Baby Classes give babies the opportunity to learn new physical skills; they are developing their neural network, laying the foundation for cognitive development.
- Our Baby Classes gives babies a great opportunity to exercise and increase their strength, which often results in the acquisition of other motor skills, such as standing and walking, earlier. Swimming provides the greatest form of bilateral exercise of any sport, which aids babies and toddlers in the development of coordination and balance.
- The exercise babies get in our Baby Classes, as well as the relaxing warm water, stimulates a baby's appetite and improve baby's eating and sleeping patterns.
- Our Baby Classes provide an uninterrupted, wonderful bonding time with your child. Swimming provides babies with lots of skin-to-skin contact with their parents which, psychologists say, strengthens the parent-child bond.
- A positive, early experience in the water gives babies and toddlers a head start on the mastery of water safety skills. Our babies often transition quicker to more advanced classes, as they often have acquired some of the building blocks of swimming ~ breath control, floating, and kicking on top of the water ~ in our Baby Classes.
- As babies learn to achieve goals and independence in the water, their self-confidence blossoms. Nothing speaks to our hearts more than the happy smiles of our babies and their parents in the water! Self-confidence and the setting and attaining of goals fosters a wonderful lifelong pattern of learning, a great way to give your baby a head start!
If your child is enrolled in this class they are required to wear a permanent, re-usable swim diaper. We have them available for sale at our facility for R200.