If any of the following statements are true of your child then Starfish is the perfect class:-.
- My child is very fearful of water
- My child has no skills in the water
- My child can go underwater briefly
- My child can move through the water only a meter or less and/or always has floaties on
Beginner 5/6/7 year olds with no swim experience. Gentle submersion techniques are taught after breath control is understood. Similar to our beginner 2/3/4 year old class, this level is a combination of fun themes and games while challenging them with new swim experiences and skills. The fundamental swim skills taught in this level are essential to the process of learning to swim.
- Prerequisite: None other than being 5 or 6 or 7 years old
- Final Goal: Swim 3-5 meters Doggy Paddle with no floatation, blow bubbles, perform a comfortable streamline pencil manoeuvre and back-float
If your child can swim about 3-5 meters doggy paddle, with no floatation, then the Octopus is the perfect class.
This class is for our intermediate 5/6/7 year olds who pass out of our beginner Learn to Swim classes. A LOT of skills must be mastered to pass out of this class. As an introduction to strokes, the focus is on independence and breath control in the water while extending the swim distance and developing the coordination to gain independent breaths while swimming. This is followed by proper breath control techniques as these students move into building endurance. Technical breakdown of the freestyle stroke also begins at this level.
- Prerequisite: Swim 3-5 meters Doggy Paddle with no floatation
- Final Goal: Swim 10 meters with no floatation, face in the water for a 10 count, comfortable rolling to a back-float and can swim basic Freestyle and Backstroke.
If your child can swim 10 meters with no floatation, face in the water for a 10 count, comfortable rolling to a back-float and can swim basic Freestyle and Backstroke then Turtle is the perfect class.
In this class, we transition the unilateral side breathing learned in the Octopus Class into the traditional freestyle stroke, which is bilateral side breathing (to both sides). In addition to refining freestyle technique, our coaches continue to build the endurance of their students. Also, the elementary backstroke is taught from start to finish in this level. This stroke is a safety stroke rather than a competitive stroke, but is essential if ever faced with an open water situation.
- Prerequisite: Swim 10 meters with no floatation, face in the water for a 10 count, comfortable rolling to a back-float and can swim basic Freestyle and Backstroke.
- Final Goal: Swim at least 20 meters Freestyle taking side breaths and Backstroke, swim elementary Breaststroke and Butterfly.
We now offer you a wide variety of payment options together with BONUS options. Please go to this LINK for all the BONUS information and the payment links.
Joining our classes after the term has started
You are most welcome to join our classes at any time. Our professional instructors will always make you feel welcome. If you join after the term has started any additional classes that you have are automatically carried over to the next term.
If a particular class that you are interested in is full then "Waitlist" will show on the course table. You can add your child to the wait list. Whenever a space becomes available we will immediately let you know. Spaces become available in two ways; the first due to cancellations and the second when we open new additional classes. Please use the "Waitlist" option so that we can gauge demand and open additional classes.
No spaces are guaranteed until you have registered online, received an email confirming that you have enrolled in a class and paid for the class in full (Please CHECK your JUNK folder if you don't immediately receive the mail).
All fees are due at least 7 days prior to the start of the first class.
Non-payment of fees by the due date could result in you losing your space, as many of the popular times have waiting lists.
Bookings for Next Term
If your child has a time slot this term, they will automatically be given the same slot for the next and subsequent terms. We will send you an email before the term starts to confirm your class. If you DO NOT want this class anymore please just email us back and let us know, and we will happily cancel your enrolment.