Selecting the correct class based on your child’s abilities is important. We want to make sure that your child’s current skill level matches the requirements of the class.
- My child is very fearful of water.
- My child has no skills in the water.
- My child can go underwater briefly.
- My child can move through the water only a meter or less, and/or always has floaties on.
- My child can swim about 3-5 meters doggy paddle, with no floatation, blow bubbles, perform a comfortable streamline pencil manoeuvre and back-float.
- My child can swim about a 10 meters with no floatation, can put his/her face in the water for a 10 count, can perform an independent streamline pencil manoeuvre and is comfortable rolling to a back float and can swim basic Freestyle & backstroke.
- My child can swim at least 20 meters Freestyle and Backstroke using a side breath, and can swim basic Breaststroke and Butterfly.
- My child can swim 100 meters Freestyle bilateral breathing with bent arm recovery and 100 meters of Backstroke and Breaststroke and 50 meters of Butterfly.
- My child can swim 1 km Freestyle. Swim 200 meters Backstroke & 100 meters Butterfly and Breaststroke. Swim 200 meters Individual Medley. Mastery of Breaststroke including kick, arms and timing. Swim all four competitive strokes with proper starts, turns, technique and endurance.