Selecting the correct class based on your child’s abilities is important. We want to make sure that your child’s current skill level matches the requirements of the class.
- My child is very fearful of water
- My child has no skills in the water
- My child can go underwater briefly
- My child can move through the water only a meter or less, and/or always has floaties on
- My child can swim about 3-5 meters doggy paddle, with no floatation, blow bubbles, perform a comfortable streamline pencil manoeuvre and back-float.
- My child can swim about a 10 meters with no floatation, can put his/her face in the water for a 10 count, can perform an independent streamline pencil manoeuvre and is comfortable rolling to a back float and can swim basic Freestyle & backstroke.
- My child can swim at least 20 meters Freestyle and Backstroke using a side breath, and can swim basic Breaststroke and Butterfly.
- My child can swim 100 meters Freestyle bilateral breathing with bent arm recovery and 100 meters of Backstroke and Breaststroke and 50 meters of Butterfly.
If you are unsure about your child's swimming ability, please send us an email with some details that you think will help us to place your child in the correct class.